• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Install in Russian

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a good reason as to why the text on my page to download, yet another, Adobe Flash Player update is in Russian?

Or is it the same reason why you try to keep installing that McAfee crap on my computer?

adobe.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items and select "Region and Language". Please go to Location tab and Administrative tab and take screenshots of both and paste here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, please post a screenshot of the Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Region and Languages > Format tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was that simple, I would not have asked the question.

screen shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the screenshots.  To confirm, you are *not* locations in Russian, correct? Are you by chance using a proxy server or VPN that would show your location as being in Russia? 

I'll forward the screenshots to the team that handles the download page to investigate further.

In regards to:

Or is it the same reason why you try to keep installing that McAfee crap on my computer?

McAfee is an optional third party offering:

If you're not seeing the center panel, please ensure JavaScript is enabled in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I'm in United States,  North Carolina/Eastern time zone and NO, I'm not on a VPN.

The McAfee, I realize is optional, however here is where Adobe is doing its users a disservice and basically showing no regard for what customers want; McAfee is optional BUT you have to OPT OUT.  It should be the other way around.  Offer it as OPT IN.

Certainly this concern has been made before as I have seen Adobe's philosophy trashed on message boards, Facebook and even nationwide radio shows that focus on technology.  Everyone knows that, and I'm not a Microsoft fan either, the protection offered as part of Windows is sufficient protection, superior to McAfee, and that adding additional virus protection to an already protected computer does nothing but bog down the system.  I'm a user of Adobe Audition, Photoshop and Premiere, as well as all this other stuff.  I really get tired of having to remember, "okay, these guys are going to try to slip something in on me so I better look for the opt-out."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback.  I'll pass it to the appropriate team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received this email from an address that did not accept email replies (go figure), so I'll just post and reply here.

-------------------------------------------

Hi ,

Could you please get us more information on this.

like - OS , Browser, and  URL of the 2nd page.

-----

Kindly I request to have connect session as well, It will help us in understanding the issue why exactly it is happening.

If you agree for connect session , please revert back with your preferred time and time zone. I will set up a call as per your timings.

Thanks

Sreeharsha

My answers to questions

1 - Windows 10

2 - Browser is Chrome

3 - I have no idea as to the URL. This was another "we need to update" Adobe pop-up that appeared after rebooting the computer.

4 - And no, we can not do a "connect session." Not only have I wasted enough time on this issue, but I have no idea as to what might be done while connected and/or what software may be installed.  If Adobe had not been persistent in constantly trying to opt me into software I did not want (by pre-checking the box to agree to install software), I might consider it.  Under these conditions, no way.  I hope you can understand that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will forward your reply to Sreeharsha.

we can not do a "connect session." Not only have I wasted enough time on this issue, but I have no idea as to what might be done while connected and/or what software may be installed

This would most likely be using Adobe web conferencing software | Adobe Connect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details.

Yea, As per the details this issue happening in https://get3.adobe.com .. flow.

We are looking into this issue. once it gets fixed I will revert back.

Thanks

Sreeharsha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had the same thing happen! How is this still an issue more than a year later?!? I am in Atlanta, Georgia. There's no reason I should be getting served up a Russian version of the Adobe flash installer page.

Here's the link I was sent to:

Adobe - Установить Adobe Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines