• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install an ICC profile on mac os sierra

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't copy the ICC profile into the directory /Library/ColorSync/Profiles even typing the admin password. Please help, I need to send the files to the lab asap and they need to go through the lab ICC profile first!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Solved! I don't know how but after thousand times trying it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the profile in /Users/[username]/Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder instead.  Be sure to restart all your Adobe apps after installing the profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but the system doesn't let me do it even though I am the administrator. It is a read only folder and I can't change that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only info I found, but I don't want to risk doing any of these things!

"I can suggest 2 approaches. One approach is fast but deprecated. Second approach is modern but needs a bit of coding and reading documentation:

You need to write bash script which will do what you need and execute it with privileges which will be granted using something like this: STPrivilegedTask

Write privileged helper tool which will be installed once on first access with root privileges and you will be able do any privileged operation How to write privileged helper tool"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't clear from your reply: Did you try Library/ColorSync/Profiles in your *home* folder, not in /Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! I don't know how but after thousand times trying it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines