• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop module crashing, Lightroom CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I been using lightroom cc for a while now, and from time to time the program was crashing, but since I started exporting photos to photoshop and sending them back to lightroom, the crashes were happening all the time.

After some reading I found a "solution", I can disable the gpu in lightroom, and then everething works fine, but It is very slow in comparison...

I don´t think disabling the gpu It´s a valid alternitave, and I can´t consider this a fix...

I have done a clean driver reinstall (I have an R9 380X) with the latest drivers, and It keeps failing!

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Hi, after some long reading and testing I finally solved the crashes!

Following the lead of the article regarding crashes in cameraw and lightroom due to drivers not working properly in those programs, I finally found that the Crimson driver version 17.2.1 works just fine!

Hope this gets fixed soon anyway.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version number of your Lightroom (go to Help->System Info and tell us what version number of LR is shown on the first line)

What version number of the graphics driver installation have you installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the quick reply

My lightroom version is: CC 2015.10.1 [1117303]

My graphics card driver is: (new crimson drivers for R9 3xx cards) 17.5.2

Im using Windows 10 64 bit by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same version and am experiencing the same problem.

It was crashing before the update, I updated it and it is still crashing.

I updated Windows and it is still crashing.

Lightroom opens fine, it imports files fine, but as soon as I click on develop it is crashing.

It does not give me an error report.

Hoping Adobe has some answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current release (Lightroom 6.10.1 / Lightroom CC 2015.10.1) has a known problem with driver version 17.4.4. It is possible that the issue has not been fixed and also occurs with 17.5.2; you might want to try the solution here: Crash Camera Raw or Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, I read the article and gave It a shot, I did a clean install of the crimson driver 17.4.3 (mine was 17.5.2, and the article mencioned that the problem began with the 17.4.4), but at least with this driver version the problem persist...

Anyone has tried a diferent version of the driver that works?

Thanks for the help dj_paige

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, after some long reading and testing I finally solved the crashes!

Following the lead of the article regarding crashes in cameraw and lightroom due to drivers not working properly in those programs, I finally found that the Crimson driver version 17.2.1 works just fine!

Hope this gets fixed soon anyway.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me.

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.12 [5]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.2 GHz

Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 2,145.2 MB (6.5%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2,907.1 MB

Memory cache size: 725.5 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Displays: 1) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon R9 M390 OpenGL Engine

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 4.1 ATI-1.51.8

Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 M390 OpenGL Engine

LanguageVersion: 4.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only to add that I disabling the GPU and besides that it still knocked down iMac and restarts. I can not export 300 photos at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

petsrdjan​

It's not clear to me that you have the same problem. Just because you say you have the same problem does not make it so. You have a different version of LR than the others, and you are reporting the entire computer crashes, which the other are not reporting (they report Lightroom crashes). If I am understanding everything properly (and I may not be) these are very different things. So either tell me I'm misunderstanding you, or please start a new thread and describe your problem in detail. (And try updating your Lightroom to the latest version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You understand well, but my problem in 50% of cases the whole computer is restarted, and sometimes only lightroom. There are no rules now I provide export photos, and there are no problems. Lightroom is the last version to which I have to update. iMac also have last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines