Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

topic details are missing in generated WebHelp

Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 2015.

When I generate the help, the TOC is is accurate, but the topic content is missing. I'm seeing this icon:

I have deleted the TOC and started over. I dragged the topics I wanted included from the project list to the TOC.

I have deleted the files listed in the WebHelp folder in the project and started again, still no luck.

Of course, I need this done by end of day today! Any help is greatly appreciated.

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

After much experimenting and using all the helpful answers from the forum and a nudge from the Adobe Technical Support team, I found out the solution. I had created file names with non-standard characters. / () and - to be specific. Something in the process does not like these. I took the non-standard characters out of the file names and everything worked fine. You can use the non-standard characters in the topic content itself.

Unfortunately, RoboHelp does not warn you when you create the file w

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening for any topic? Or just specific topics?

Have you double-checked the topic file names? I saw another issue late last week and earlier this week where a file name had a space in it, but when generated, had an underscore. So you should probably check for that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check for Conditional Build Tags?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, if that's it, that will be a first for me. Normally if a topic has been excluded by virtue of a build tag, it's also removed from the TOC so there shouldn't be a TOC entry to click if that's the case.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at everything you suggested. Not seeing anything you described. The project name was Procedure/Rates. I went through all topics and files and the project itself and took out the slash / That didn't help

I went back into create a Printed Doc just for kicks and the last section of the document is missing entirely. Right before the message in the output view screens was this message:

Missing topic '!SSL!\Printed_Documentation\!doc_tmp_folder_0\'.

I don't know if this is significant or not. But the last section was not included in the Word doc.

I looked at the project in IE and didn't see anything unusual.

I find it interesting that the topic which is at top level of the TOC looks fine. All the topics listed under a book are not displaying text. Not sure if that's important distinction or not.

When I look at the file structure in IE, I see this line first:

The Procedure_Rates is the project name. However, the next part, MDAWN-LPTP_May-31-150947-2017_Conflict is my print user name at my work. I'm not at work right now, I'm working from home. The word Conflict is not helpful. When I open the line, it shows a list of the contents of the help file I'm trying to create.

Is this at all helpful or a problem?

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you by chance creating a CHM file? And if you are, is it by chance on a network drive? If so, copy it to your local drive and see if things change.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much experimenting and using all the helpful answers from the forum and a nudge from the Adobe Technical Support team, I found out the solution. I had created file names with non-standard characters. / () and - to be specific. Something in the process does not like these. I took the non-standard characters out of the file names and everything worked fine. You can use the non-standard characters in the topic content itself.

Unfortunately, RoboHelp does not warn you when you create the file with a non-standard character.

Thanks to all who provided help,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, it was down to file names. Sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please vote for Bug RH611 by following this link. Tracker

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp