• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects cc 2017 crashes with workspaces, MTS files, and more

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 Pro, 3.6 Intel i7 Hexacore, 64 gb ram, 2X Titan Ti, SSD for HD and Adobe apps

I recently switched over to Windows from my old 2013 iMac.

First issue:

After Effects seems less stable on my set up. Far more crashes and headaches than I am used to. As of lately I am experiencing crashes when I try to customize my work spaces. It seems like if I try to doc a script to the left side column default dock area, it works for a little bit, but then it ultimately crashes and I have to delete my preferences and try to set up my layout and it happens all over again. This behavior also happened on my iMac, though not this often.

So then I have to re-key my purchased scripts and that process is so aggravating.

Second issue:

When I am scrubbing .MTS files in AE and I try to hit shift-0 to play back skipping every other frame at half resolution, AE just crashes. No error dialogue, no warning... Just This Program has stopped responding etc...

My question is has anyone had similar behavior with the work spaces and if so have you found a solution?

And has anyone had problem with playing back .MTS files and have it crash repeatedly? If so how have you fixed it? (The .MTS files are like 4k with some color correction effects, Key Light and a couple Layer Style effects too.)

I'm getting to know this new system and all its quirks. I'd really like to spend more time being productive and less time on here trying to get back to being productive... thanks for any help! If you suggest deleting preferences I already got that covered and it doesnt solve the problem, the preference file keeps getting corrupted some how.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ericlassen  wrote

So then I have to re-key my purchased scripts and that process is so aggravating.

If your scripts are via AEscripts.com, you can get their AEscripts and AEplugins manager app. Check it out here. It helps you with downloading, licensing, and registering the stuff you've gotten from them. It works great for almost everything they sell.

ericlassen  wrote

My question is has anyone had similar behavior with the work spaces and if so have you found a solution?

There have been a number of people with workspace-related crashes. You shouldn't have to trash all of your preferences, you have to go into your folder structure and remove the files out of the ModifiedWorkspaces folder. Then relaunch AE and it usually works for most people. Some people with workspace-related issues have the MIDAS extension from Mt. Mograph and uninstalling it made AE work too.

ericlassen  wrote

And has anyone had problem with playing back .MTS files and have it crash repeatedly? If so how have you fixed it? (The .MTS files are like 4k with some color correction effects, Key Light and a couple Layer Style effects too.)

MTS files are often MPEG-2 or other MPEG-related codecs. There have been a few people having issues with long-GOP codecs and Keylight. That may be the problem. Sounds frustrating though. Try transcoding to something like Cineform or DNxHD.

Also, what exact version of AE are you using? I know you said CC 2017, but is it version 14.0.x, 14.1.x, or 14.2.x?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ericlassen,

After reading Szalam's response and trying those things, were you able to overcome your crashing issue? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines