• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked documents in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a letter and a tabloid version of the same document. I don't want to just scale it up or down to print, but actually lay out the same content for the two different page sizes. Obviously, I'd rather not update two separate documents each time I make changes. The arrangement of the objects on the page won't necessarily be the same, so embedding pdfs won't work. Is there a way to link spreads, or stories, images, etc. between two documents so that when I make changes in one, it will update the other? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Use Alternate Layout with linked text or use the Conveyer and link text. In both cases you have an option to link the text, in such a way that if the 'Mother' changes you can sync the 'children'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Alternate Layout with linked text or use the Conveyer and link text. In both cases you have an option to link the text, in such a way that if the 'Mother' changes you can sync the 'children'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is one preferable to the other? Alternate Layout or the Conveyer, I mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternate layout keeps different sizes in one and the same document, with the conveyer (or Place and link in File menu) you can use different documents. Your choice 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines