• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my keylight effect disappear when I add another effect?

Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I an a newbie to Adobe After Effects.  I work with students in an elementary school.  I am using CC5.  I layered some green screen video over another video, then masked out an area and used keylight to remove the green screen.  I precomposed this green screen layer and tried to add timewarp effect to it.  You can see in the picture below the keylight effect seems to be undone and can't be redone.  I tried to render it out to see if it would be corrected and it was not.  I have played with every setting I could find; I am at a loss.  Help

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question -- are you getting a good key?  Hope so.

I recommend Prerendering the chroma key shot.  Just put the clip in its own comp, pull they key & render to a video container & codec that supports alpha channels.  For this task I like quicktime movies in JPEG 2000, PNG, Animation or ProRes 4444(if you have it).

Use the AE RenderQueue.  In Render settings set to Best Quality.  In the Output Module set to one of the above codecs, RGB+Alpha, Millions of Colors + and Straight, i.e. NOT Premultiplied.

Then import into AE, add to your master comp, and mess with Timewarp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Dave said. You have to read up on how AE processes stuff based on its rendering order and how specific effects work. If you were to re-time your stuff, you would have to do it before keying to avoid the issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi walimu,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The disappearance of your keylight effect when adding another effect may be attributed to the layer order or the interaction between the effects in your video editing software. Ensure that the keylight effect layer is positioned appropriately in the layer hierarchy, often above the layers of the added effects, to maintain its visibility. Core HR  activities involve organizational structure and communication, similarly emphasizing the importance of proper alignment and order. In the realm of HR, maintaining clear communication channels, hierarchy, and the appropriate sequence of activities is essential. Much like layers in video editing, HR processes need to be organized systematically to ensure that each activity is visible, effective, and contributes to the overall success of the organization's human resource management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines