• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Video File Help?

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am fairly a beginner at this whole Photoshop thing so I'm honestly not very good and everything is so new to me. I decided to make a video and spent a lot of time on it. Only one problem. In the end, I can't export my video.

This is what I did. First, I clicked Export, then Render Video. I chose Adobe Media Encoder and the H.264 format. I left everything else the way it was. Then, I clicked render, but it says, "Cannot render to the file '...mp4' because it is currently open."

This doesn't really make sense to me because how am I supposed to export the video without having the file open? And I don't have another one open anywhere else. I don't know how to export my video and I can't seem to find anyone else who has a similar issue. So can someone help me please? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

*I pray that this is not a dumb question*

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the output file location and name. If the message does not state which file is currently open and is causing a problem..  Make sure the output file you are trying to save is a new file. One that does not exists.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever figure out how to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and couldn't find any help online. I finally got it to work by FILE - EXPORT - RENDER - and then once the render window opens up I just changed the name of the file and then it rendered just fine. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an older thread, but as I just had the problem today and managed to figure it out, I thought I'd chime in.

Here's how it went down:

I did an illustration on my iPad in Procreate. I exported the time-lapse video of it onto my desktop as an MP4. I opened the MP4 in Photoshop and added the bells and whistles, titles, intros, etc. I then went to export>render video and chose the same folder that the original MP4 was in. I got the error.

All I ended up doing, after trying to name it something else and having the same issue, was to save it to a different folder. I then attempted to move the rendered video into the folder I wanted it in with the original MP4 and received the "this file already exists: delete/replace" message. I renamed the original MP4 and was able to drag and drop my edited video no problem.

I don't know if that helps, but it worked.

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the file name solved this problem for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines