Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notes

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working together with several authors, they work in inCopy and sometimes they put Notes in the design files.

The only way for me (working in inDesign) to see wich notes i've read (and executed the note) is to delete the note. this way i always keep the unexecuted notes.

Problem is that the author doesn't see the notes anymore after i deleted them.

is there a way to checkmark the notes instead of deleting them? Kindda like you can checkmark the post-it like notes in acrobat.

or any other ideas?

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you just edit the note and add your own note to it? Something like your initials would indicate that you’ve read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tha could be an option if you have like less than 10 notes. I sometimes have like 100+ (big files). Then it's not option to check all notes for initials. + it's hard to see how many you allready did. If you delete them you see the numbers dropping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tha could be an option if you have like less than 10 notes. I sometimes have like 100+ (big files). Then it's not option to check all notes for initials. + it's hard to see how many you allready did. If you delete them you see the numbers dropping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Or maybe use track changes?Track and review changes in InDesign documents

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi amaarora,

The notes Contain design notes and issues. Not text corrections. text corrections are done in InCopy.

they contain everything they can't do in incopy by themselves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines