• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a slideshow with InDesign, Button Issues

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll say right now I'm very new with InDesign, but I was asked to create a slideshow of 5 images with text below them for a EPK using basic arrow buttons to transition between each one.

I tried following this tutorial here which seem to make sense;  How To Create a Slideshow in InDesign CC for your Interactive ePUB - YouTube

But despite seeing that the buttons link to the images and making them into object states,  I cannot get the buttons to work in a epub reader or in a Interactive PDF. If anyone has any ideas what the issue could be or help or links to articles, anything, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running a default InDesgn CC program on a Asus laptop. No performance or program issues or bugs to speak of.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does EPK mean?

What does buttons link to the images mean?

Are the buttons in the MSO or outside of it? Are the buttons set to go to a state or do they navigate through with go to next state and go to previous state actions?

This will only work with fixed layout epub on compatible readers or Publish Online. It will not work in a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, EPK stands for epresskit

I make the images into a multi-state object and set the buttons to that object.  The buttons are 2 arrows with one set to go back one previous state and the other to go to the next state.  They are ontop of the MSO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where are you testing this? Does it work in the EPUB Interactivity Preview panel in InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't aware that there was a preview panel actually.  I had been looking at it in a epub reader to check it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesnt work in the preview panel or in the epub reader I am using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you’re doing something wrong.

Select one of the buttons and open the buttons and forms panel. Post a screenshot so I can see the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign Screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select the MSO along with the object states panel and take another screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEST 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have me curious. Please post the file somewhere and give me a link.

I'll take a look when I have a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a dropbox link;

Dropbox - EPKBenefitPArty.indd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what’s going on but it works fine here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines