• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 and Camera Raw 9.10.1.750 are Up to Date...but Lightroom CC 2015 and its Version of Camera Raw are Out of Date

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I recently needed to update my Adobe Creative Cloud apps licensed and used through my institutional enterprise agreement. My IT folks told me to remove my old Adobe software, which I have done. I've reinstalled Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 and Camera Raw. They appear to be the most current versions. But every time I try to install the Lightroom CC 2015 app I end up with an older version for both Lightroom CC and the Adobe Camera Raw associated with it (even though my Photoshop is up to date). Specific versions for the apps and their Camera Raw plug ins are listed below.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

Camera Raw Version 9.10.1.750

Adobe Lightroom Version: CC 2015 [1014445]

Camera Raw Version 9.0

How do I update my Lightroom and its version of Camera Raw? My license includes the full suite of Creative Cloud apps.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for clarification, I have separately downloaded and installed the Adobe Camera Raw 9.10.1 installer and restarted my Lightroom CC 2015 app and it still lists version 9.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore, the "updates..." option in the Lightroom Help menu is grayed out and not selectable and the Creative Cloud Apps interface lists my copy of Lightroom as up to date and current (even though it is not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are still running the initial release of Lightroom CC 2015. The current release is Lightroom CC 2015.10.1. It might be necessary for you to update your Creative Cloud application manager. In meantime, you can download the latest update from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

You will find the update under the heading, "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6". The update that you find there will update both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC. You will only need the topmost update, which is the most recent.

You cannot update Lightroom with the camera raw plug-in. The camera raw plug-in has no effect on Lightroom. That technology is part of the Lightroom program. The camera raw plug-in is for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JimHess​. Unfortunately, when I downloaded, unzipped, and ran the "AdobePatchInstaller.exe" file for Lightroom 6.10.1/2015.10.1 from the link you provided, I received the following error:

"Update Failed

Updates could not be applied

Please contact your Administrator if you wish to apply updates on your machine. Updates have been suppressed by the Administrator.

If the problems persist, contact customer support for further assistance."

Generally, I've found the enterprise licensing and updating for the Adobe CC to be an utter disaster. I thought the whole purpose of delivering cloud software was to make it easier and more streamlined to keep software up to date. It seems like every time I need to do something as simple as update Adobe Camera Raw to recognize the proprietary Raw files from a new camera model, I ultimately go through a whole series of back and forth support with my institutional IT staff and they eventually need to rebuild new installer packages and reinstall every single Adobe CC app. Sadly, I'm pretty frustrated with my Adobe CC experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish I knew how to solve your problem, but I don't. The only thing I can do for you at this point is provide a link where you can initiate a live chat with Adobe. Perhaps someone there will be able to either walk you through the steps or do a remote link with your computer and get things straightened out. I hope this will help.

contact-bumper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks JimHess​. Unfortunately, it seems that Adobe does not provide human support (outside of this forum) for Enterprise licensed products.

What are my contact options?

It seems I'm circularly referred back to my system administrator. So I've shared this community forum thread link with my institutional IT support to see if it may be helpful for them as well. Thanks again for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines