• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 & camera raw

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Canon 80d.  I use LR5 only  When I go to click on a photo, it opens up into CS5 & I get this message.  The Camera Raw version I have is CR 6.7.0399  What are my alternatives?  I don't want to upgrade to the cc, as I need to purchase a new computer.  Any help will be appreciated.  Many thanks.

PS:  Even with LR5 back in March, with my T1i,I was getting a message that said "Preview unavailable for this file."  This is for a Macbook Pro.

Thank you in advance.

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

That DNG converter is a freestanding, independent program. It isn't tied to any version of Photoshop or Lightroom. Here is a link to a video demonstrating how to use the DNG converter:

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

When using the DNG converter, take note that it prompts you for a FOLDER containing raw files. Just choose the folder. If you open the folder you will be notified that there are no files to convert.

Here is a link to where you can download the DNG converter:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free alternative is to download the latest DNG converter and convert your raw files to the DNG format. Those files can be opened with the version of Camera Raw that you have now. Or you can purchase Photoshop Elements or Lightroom 6 and add one of those programs to your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I've heard.  It's the DNG converter.  This would be for CS5 also?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That DNG converter is a freestanding, independent program. It isn't tied to any version of Photoshop or Lightroom. Here is a link to a video demonstrating how to use the DNG converter:

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

When using the DNG converter, take note that it prompts you for a FOLDER containing raw files. Just choose the folder. If you open the folder you will be notified that there are no files to convert.

Here is a link to where you can download the DNG converter:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great!  Thanks so much!  Should the folder be in my applications?  I'll check out the links  I appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder can be anywhere you want it to be. In the past, I have chosen the folder on the card as the source, and then set the destination folder to a folder on the hard drive on my computer. That way I have used the DNG converter as the download software. The conversion takes place during the download, and it all takes place in a single step. But you can do it any way you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be a learning curve for sure.  Oh, I'm so not a techie.  One step at a time and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it!  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe bridge cs6 camera raw plug in installed not open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Partial sentence; don't understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines