• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom plugins for Box.com

Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Jeffrey Friedl's lovely plugin to publish directly to Flickr from LR, and Format's own plugin to publish to Format from LR. These work great.

I have looked high and low for a plugin for box.com that would work similarly.

I find only these:

Box Export Plugin for Lightroom Download

Box | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces

https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/2288#.WS9zjRPyvOY

Which actually all seem to be the SAME product. Little to no indication whether the plugin works.

The lack of plugins for box.com, and the dearth of online discussions bemoaning that lack, makes me wonder whether I'm asking the wrong question.

My questions:

Why does there seem to be no market for a box.com Lightroom plugin?

Is there some other, easier way to publish straight to box.com from Lightroom?

I could set up a box.com sync folder and do it that way, but then I have to keep a great big sync folder on my hard drive, taking up space for no good reason.

Any information or suggestions appreciated.

I use Lightroom CC on OSX.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

GeorgTrakl  wrote

(I'm a Box user) I think it has to do with the type of service that Box is versus the types of services Lightroom plug-ins are typically built for.

The Lightroom plug-ins are typically for services that are primarily dedicated photo galleries. You mentioned two of them: Flickr and Format. Other plug-ins are for other popular and professional photo sharing services like Smugmug, PhotoShelter, and Zenfolio, and high

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may request this feature: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeorgTrakl  wrote

(I'm a Box user) I think it has to do with the type of service that Box is versus the types of services Lightroom plug-ins are typically built for.

The Lightroom plug-ins are typically for services that are primarily dedicated photo galleries. You mentioned two of them: Flickr and Format. Other plug-ins are for other popular and professional photo sharing services like Smugmug, PhotoShelter, and Zenfolio, and high volume social media outlets like Facebook.

Box is none of these. Box is more like Dropbox: a general file sharing service. Unlike most services that Lightroom plug-ins are written for, Box is built for any file format and has only rudimentary photo galleries. And even more than Dropbox, Box targets corporate/office collaboration around Microsoft Office files, not photos. Even Dropbox is used more intensively by creative professionals than Box.

I've used Box photo albums so I know they exist, but it's just not their focus. I'm not saying a Box plug-in shouldn't happen, it should happen if a developer wants to, and you should request it. I'm only speculating on a possible reason why there isn't a Box publish service yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks -- that does make sense. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines