• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to recover any catalog

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom 4.4, I have many backup catalogs; each time I try to open one it shows as corrupted, and it the program is unable to repair any one of them.  I believe I did something very stupid [with thanks to Norton Tech Support]:  I deleted the appdata files, and I believe that is what's causing my problem.  Does anyone have a solution?  Because of computer changes, got caught in the middle, with no backup of the appdata files.  Can I recover catalogs without the corresponding appdata?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

DJ:

Thanks for the response; happily, spent a lot of time, but I was able to recover the database.  As best as I can tell, the appdata deletions did not affect the challenges.  I just kept working at it, including the reinstall of Lightroom . . . and I recovered everything.  Sorry, I should have posted, but I definitely appreciate your efforts to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

each time I try to open one it shows as corrupted

Why do you say this? What exactly happens? If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

I am not really sure what "appdata" you are talking about, could you be more specific? Deleting any files on your computer will not cause Lightroom catalogs to be corrupted; the worst that could happen by deleting files is that Lightroom itself would need to be re-installed (depending on what files you deleted, of course). Of course, the corruption, if that's what you are seeing, could come from other possible causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DJ:

Thanks for the response; happily, spent a lot of time, but I was able to recover the database.  As best as I can tell, the appdata deletions did not affect the challenges.  I just kept working at it, including the reinstall of Lightroom . . . and I recovered everything.  Sorry, I should have posted, but I definitely appreciate your efforts to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines