• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3-D Camera

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finished with the 3-D camera tracking. I have my points already but when I click over them no bullseye target

appears. I can't select points either. Can someone help me I would really appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without system info and details about your project nobody can tell you much. These issues have been known to be cache issues or problems with GPU features just as of course your track could be inconsistent, not having a proper loogical solution. More info and screenshots will be useful.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project, I have to create an interesting movie that contains an unusual 3D object motion tracked into the footage.

I am at the point where the colorful points appear but when I hover over them no bullseye target appear?Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 9.03.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-01 at 9.03.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate, you have to use the warp stabilizer first and then the 3d camera tracker. You want to track the camera on the stabilized clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate, you have to use the warp stabilizer first and then the 3d camera tracker. You want to track the camera on the stabilized clip.

Why would anyone? Stabilizing the clip with Warp Stabilizer will synthetize extra pixels that are not mathematically spatially logical and may prevent calculating a solution. You always track first, then stabilize.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Mylenium, sort of, your workflow is not good.

In your screenshots you don't have Camera Tracker selected so you can't use the tool to create a camera. Screenshots that do not show the entire UI with all modified properties of the layers giving you problems are pretty useless in diagnosing problems.

Second problem, Camera tracking and Warp Stabilizing in the same comp on the same layer. If the footage is so shaky that you need to warp stabilize it before you do anything else then you must do the warp stabilizing in a separate comp with only the footage in the comp. Then, if the shot is just a few seconds long you may be able to get away with just nesting the footage in the main comp for the rest of your work, but you'll probably be better off rendering and replacing your original shaky footage in the project before you do any other work on the shot.

If your footage is just kind of shaky then the best option is probably to Camera Track, set an origin and ground plane, then add your camera and solid, text or null to build the composite. When you have the composite complete then you need to either nest the entire comp in a "master" comp for warp stabilizing or render the comp to a lossless format and then warp stabilize the entire composite.

The right technique depends entirely on the shot. The thing that most folks don't realize is that Camera Tracking is NOT and effect, it's a process to add a camera to the scene that matches the movement of the original camera. Once you have added the camera you can delete the 'effect' from the layer with no problems. Warp stabilizing changes every pixel in the shot and lowers the real resolution of the original footage. If you warp stabilize after you camera track or you try to camera track to footage that has been warp stabilized but not rendered or pre-composed, the camera track will work on the original footage and the AE camera will not match the movement of the original camera.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Separate the steps by pre-composing the tracked result. Both effects use custom overlays that interfere with each other, hence neither may allow to actually select its respective tracking points. It also looks like you didn't actually select the effect, so this may be the issue here just as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines