• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trimp path question

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why trim path in several videos turns 360 degrees over and over like a clock hand, but mine goes from one side to the other and then returns  from the end to the start side again doing this over and over

thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Just check that you don't have 'pingpong' selected in your preview panel...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to explain better and show us examples of what videos/ tutorials you are referring to just as well as providing screenshots and info from your own project. Aside from that I get the impression you are mixing things up with effects like Strok and Vegas that have offset parameters, not just Start and End, which makes this a whole different thing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using trim paths on a fill. It can be done for some shapes but requires animating a bunch of properties. Trim Paths is better suited to a stroke. Only when applied to a path with a stroke and no fill will the effect start at one end of the line and move to the other with only a couple of keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

this is what i mean, trim path starts from one side (in this case right )  goes to the end point  then returns back from the end point to the start point, (like going from  right to left then left to right over and over) i used after effects CS6.3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see in the  video tutorials, trim path goes from the start point to the end point  but it does not return back, it completes a 360 degree over and over. I used CS6   the tutorials are in CC , I think this is a really interesting thing that add an extra detail to the project  but i dont know how to activate.  If you can notice there are only   two key frames in the project nothing extra added. I hope the tutorial make sense to my words ( minute 3:37)  Thank you very much for your help.

https://youtu.be/o8zV0bSSgp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just check that you don't have 'pingpong' selected in your preview panel...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was really simple click  making a big difference.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines