• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am unable to create a reduced size PDF

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried going to File | Save As | Reduced Size PDF, but each time I do so, I get a warning that "The PDF document contained image masks that were not downsampled" and the resulting file is the same size as the original file. The same occurs when I try to reduce the PDF through File | Save As | Optimized PDF.

How can I reduce the size of the PDF?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The Reduced Size PDF assumes certain parameters in terms of degrading image quality and eliminating extraneous metadata and non-essential aspects of a PDF file. Assuming that the PDF file already meets these criteria, the Reduced Size PDF option won't do anything more for you.

Another save option, Optimized PDF, allows you to set parameters by which you can further possibly reduce file size including the type of file compression and quality setting and the resolution to which you downsample the i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reduced Size PDF assumes certain parameters in terms of degrading image quality and eliminating extraneous metadata and non-essential aspects of a PDF file. Assuming that the PDF file already meets these criteria, the Reduced Size PDF option won't do anything more for you.

Another save option, Optimized PDF, allows you to set parameters by which you can further possibly reduce file size including the type of file compression and quality setting and the resolution to which you downsample the images. Note that for the most part, these options can significantly reduce the visual quality of the resultant PDF file yielding fuzzy-wuzzy and/or pixelated raster images.

Note that you cannot legislate the size of an existing PDF file. At a certain point, you sacrifice quality or even content in its entirety. Note that for a PDF file that has no raster images, just text and/or vector graphics, there is usually not much you can do to significantly reduce the size of a PDF file other than going back to the original source document and deleting content!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot reduce the original .pdf-file, and I only get a message when I attempt it -- "The document could not be saved.  There was a problem reading this document (110).  

Any suggestions ??

T.D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines