• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS2 no longer working?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased this product years and years ago. Now I have retired and collect a meager fixed income. I wish to dabble in Photoshop or Illustrator but CS2 will not open. I have upgraded my MAC OS to 10.11.6 and retain a second drive that runs OS 7 or so. I do not want to subscribe to software that I have previously purchased. My old operating system works fine. How can I open my old software? Subscriptions are eating me alive. $5 here $10 there $50 now, where will it end? I haven't long.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

That is, of course, if that VERY OLD program will even run on a newer Mac

NOTE that CS2 will not install at all on a "modern" Mac with an Intel CPU, plus CS2 requires Rosetta and Apple removed Rosetta from OSX 10.7 (Lion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith already provided the pertinent information.

"Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3

Now I have retired and collect a meager fixed income. I wish to dabble in Photoshop or Illustrator

That situation is one of the reasons I find Adobe’s switch to an exclusive Cloud License model such an unfortunate decision.

You may want to add your support to an existing request:

Photoshop: Provide discount for disabled customers and senior citizens | Photoshop Family Customer C...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just want to dabble and want to use a newer Mac OS you may want to download a trial of Photoshop elements to see if its subset of Photoshop features will do what you want to do. That should not eat you alive.

I'm 76 retired and pay $10 for my Wife subscription. Adobe give me a Creative cloud subscription for my participation here. If I wanted I could use all of Adobe Creative Cloud application however as you stated how much time do we have. You can take your money there anyway spend some while you can. My Wife only uses Photoshop a few hours a week.  She love to process her images and I love to keep her happy.  My $10 a month is well spent.

My Wife could use my machine to do her Photoshop work but she prefers to have her own machine and I want peace at Home. My Wife would never steal software.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the mac side photoshop cs2 only runs on PowerPC processor. mac os x systems or intel 10.4 thru 10.6 because they have Rosetta to run older PowerPC software.

Rosetta (software) - Wikipedia

Any mac os x after 10.6 snow leopard won't run photoshop cs2 because they don't have Rosetta and use Intel processors.

System requirements for older versions of Photoshop

What is the version of mac os x on your second drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old OS is 10.6.8 and I was having no problem with it. My new OS is

10.11.6 and I have discovered being shut out of CS2. I would dislike paying

for software twice. I am not a professional any longer just a hobbyist. I

make no money using the software.

Thanks for your input.

Bob

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 11:48 AM, c.pfaffenbichler <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you can still use photoshop cs2 on 10.6.8 if that's what's on your second drive, but if you want to use photoshop on your new 10.11.6 operating system you'll have to use a newer photoshop version and for better or worse the subscription version is the only version adobe has now.

It's not just a matter of a new operating system, but after apple made the switch from PowerPC to Intel, cs2 was already out of date and adobe had moved on to newer versions of photoshop made to run on intel processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new OS is not "free". you need to budget for all new apps, because Apple change stuff and old apps can't work. Yes, Apple don't tell you this. No apps at all made before 2005 can run in any Mac OS later than 10.7. That's just the big obvious problem. App makers expect to be paid for their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have CS2 manuals if interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines