Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer VFX won't work

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using After Effects CC (2017), and I'm trying to stabilize a hyperlapse which's a jpeg sequence. All the pictures are of course in jpeg format, and I'm trying to make the timelapse in 24p, which I match in the composition that i'm using. But every time i use the effect 'Warp Stabilizer VFX', and after a short period, it tells me, that it's "Unable to acquire rendered frame". It would be nice if anyone could help me, because i have tried a lot, but can't seem to find the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like comp settings. Start by flushing your caches.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are two obvious sources of your problem. First, huperlapse or time-lapse images can easily have enough differences between the frames as things move to foul up the calculations required to warp stabilize footage. This is an extremely common problem. The second thing that may be going on is that you are using images that are just too large for your system to handle. If you shot the time-lapse (hyper lapse implies some kind of stabilization) with a still camera and the frame size is significantly larger than HD or 4K then it's pretty easy to overwhelm a system.

The solution for the second problem is to use Lightroom or Photoshop and batch process the sequence to a smaller image size. You could even use the Adobe Media Encoder to get your image sequence somewhere close to the final frame size for your project.

The solution to the first problem is usually to re-shoot with less time between exposures so the calculations are not completely thrown off by the differences between frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines