• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time i click on a photo the photo changes to another photo that I haven't even uploaded on lightroom. And it won't let me delete the photo, but when I try to upload the photo again it says it is already uploaded. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i click on a photo the photo changes to another photo that I haven't even uploaded on lightroom.  And it won't let me delete the photo, but when I try to upload the photo again it says it is already uploaded.  WHAT IS GOING ON?!

I need to get this fixed asap as photos were due tonight, but that won't be possible now.  So i need them as quickly as possible!  I've tried even restarting my computer twice, and nothing changes!  If anything it just gets worse!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom? Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.  I update it whenever a new update is ready.  Does that answer your question?  I am new to this editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info. Which version of Lightroom is reported?

Mine says CC 2015.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine says CC 2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as a bit of housekeeping you could update to CC 2015.10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No image is ever displayed in LR unless the User imported it. LR is not a File manager and know nothing of any image on any of the drives connected to your system unless you the user has previously imported those images into the LR Catalog file.

So your assumption that LR is displaying an image that has not been import is false. As to why it is displaying some other image than what you are selecting I have no idea why that might be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info!  But I know for sure that the photos being shown are not imported by me and I am the only one who uses Lightroom in my home!  Like JimHess said, maybe there is a filter on that is causing photos to be uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RaeBoj  wrote

Thanks for the info!  But I know for sure that the photos being shown are not imported by me and I am the only one who uses Lightroom in my home!  Like JimHess said, maybe there is a filter on that is causing photos to be uploaded.

LR is a Database program. No images are ever inside of LR. When you import images into the LR catalog file, the Database file, all that happens is a Record of the image from where it is stored on your drives is made in the Database file.

I suggest you view some of these tutorials to get a batter understanding on how LR works and how to work with LR.

http://laurashoe.com/2016/10/27/new-to-lightroom-an-introduction-to-lightroom/?utm_source=MadMimi&ut...

Lightroom tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, but for now I need an answer to this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it might be worth trying to delete the preview cache, it could be corrupted.

Close Lightroom. With Windows Explorer or Mac Finder, go to the folder containing your Lightroom catalog, it's usually inside the Pictures or My pictures folder. Delete the folder whose name ends with Previews.lrdata. (on a Mac it may show as file and not a folder). Do not delete anything else.

Now launch Lightroom. The previews will rebuild as you browse the folders.

lightroom-folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not import images on its own. So the images were imported somehow. Do you have a filter set that is confusing things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of!  I haven't done anything different and haven't clicked anything I don't know about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines