• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking an area in LR so it won't be affected

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the radial filter has an invert mask option but I need to choose my own specific shape and area.  I do real estate photography and I want to brighten up the rest of the room and leave the windows in the room alone, so they don't get all blown out.  I know I can do this in PS but was hoping there might be an option somehow to achieve this in LR.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

There is no mask available for global edits; however, you could use a large low-feather brush to lighten the entire image, then switch to the eraser brush with Auto Mask on to erase the effect from the windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs some 'reverse psychology'!

Do a global 'Lighten' , then use the Brush to 'Darken' the windows- Auto-mask 'on' will help selecting the overlay area specifically on the window areas.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, that's pretty much what I do now.  When I bring in the image, the windows are perfect and don't want to mess with them and just want to brighten the rest of the room.  Was hoping there wa a solution to choose a mask area in LR that would be unaffected by global edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no mask available for global edits; however, you could use a large low-feather brush to lighten the entire image, then switch to the eraser brush with Auto Mask on to erase the effect from the windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines