Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect's crashing on launch.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Hello !

I'm having an issue with AE, after the splash screen on start, the app crashes even before I can open any project.

• I have all my drivers updated
  • If I delete the After Effects folder's content on Roaming. It works but just for one time. So it's annoying to lose all my preferences every time I need to work.
  • Maybe it's due to a plugin because the errors has occurred when I installed a bunch of them, but when I remove it with ZXPInstaller, nothing happens

Here is the log : Smash  (file was too big, so I put it here, sorry)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting AE to run as Admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried, and it doesn't change anything.

But I just noticed that the issue occurs when I add a panel extension at the interface. If I keep the Standard workspace, everything is alright, but when I add the "Animation Composer" window to the interface or the "Adobe Color Extension", the next startup fails...

I tried several times and I'm pretty sure it's due to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of a few other people having the issue and have experienced this issue myself. Moving the modified workspaces folder out of the file structure enables AE to start again. Please file a bug and provide as much information as possible so that it can be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wedzap,

We have a new update released, version 14.2.1. Please update AfterEffects to latest version & test.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great , I'm doing it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly , the new version (2017.2) didn't fix anything. When I change the workspace (with the adobe color extension for example) , the app crashes on next start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem. The extensions work fine on one machine running AE 14.2.1.34 but on two other systems, it crashes if they're added to the interface. Has there been any movement on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was solved by updating to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, sorry if my english is not perfect i'm french,

i have the same issue because i am back on cc17 since i realised cc18 is very slower.
I've been working on cc18 since few months and from my experience and some forums, i realised cc17 was very faster

So back on cc17 this problem of crashing as soon as you put Theme adobe color or few plugins, happens..

Has anyone found a solution?

I have to delete Adobe theme color folder and other plugins from AE CC17 folder, or to start AE with the delete preferences short key to be able to restart AE.

Sankss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I'VE FOUND THE SOLUTION

Weird but still

If i run AE cc17 as an administrator this bugg with Theme Adobe Color doe'snt happen anymore !

So i've set AE CC17 to always run as admin by default like this :Always run a program in administrator mode in Windows 10 - CNET

It was important for me since AECC15 is still avalable but not Premiere and media encoder CC15 so i had just the possibility to work on the VERY slower cc18..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines