• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign drop shadow increments greyed out

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue I have never seen before - when applying a drop shadow to objects in InDesign, the arrows that allow me to incrementally adjust the shadow are suddenly greyed out and not functioning. I have tried quitting/re-opening InDesign, creating a fresh document and trying it there, and restarted my computer and the issue is still there. I wonder if I hit some shortcut, or if anyone knows how to restore this setting? Thanks in advance, here are a few details:

Working in Adobe CC 2017 on Mac

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.27.45 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing or greyed out options in dialog boxes and panels may be a problem solved by deleting InDesign caches. To do this on a Mac open your Home folder and with your finger on the option key go under the Finder Go menu and choose Library. Once in the Library folder open the Caches folder and then the Adobe InDesign folder. Delete the folder that says the Version of InDesign you're using. Make sure that InDesign is not open when you do this.

Deleting Caches.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked! Even 6 years later. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines