• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing AI graphics.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating graphics to import in indesign but the graphics keep getting pixelated when placed into ID.

when i'm done making it I export>png in AI, then in ID I file>place. This isn't just the display settings, the PNGs are also printed out with the pixelation.

What do i need to do to not get that heavy pixelation?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Just place the native AI files.

When you export to PNG, you are rasterizing the vector artwork, and then it's subject to the resolution settings. Native AI files are scalable vector files, without resolution issues (unless you added images to the them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just place the native AI files.

When you export to PNG, you are rasterizing the vector artwork, and then it's subject to the resolution settings. Native AI files are scalable vector files, without resolution issues (unless you added images to the them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then I run into another problem with the stroke. Whenever I try to rescale the image, the stroke will always adjust itself distorting the image. How would i make it so the stroke won't distort the image when scaling it down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place your AI using File / Place command. Then will be no problems with strokes on scaling. Or hold cmd (ctrl on win?) on scaling vectors with strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just fixed the second issue, thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news! Happy Friday, Tragion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines