• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I save embedded Animate CC audio files into my PC?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Here is my issue. I have a bunch of .fla files that were given to me to redo and I basically need most of the assets that are already there. Basically Images and Audio files.

With the images I don't have any problems, the audio file son the other hand have been impossible to get.

If I navigate through the folder I can find them and I can play them within Animate. However, I cannot export them. I read somewhere that apparently in some occasions (or a different version of Animate, I am not sure) you have an 'Export' option within the Audio properties, that's not my case.

These are projects that were built years ago, so those files are all we have, for many different reasons it is not possible to get the rest of the files. They are .MP3

Basically, I would like to know: Is there any way for me to be able to open those files in Audition or somewhere else where I could save them?

What I've done so far is to use a third party program to extract the audio from the .SWF file that the .fla was converted to. Unfortunately, besides time consuming, some parts are interactive and I cannot get the audio that are played when a button gets clicked.

Any help will be greatly appreciate it, thanks!

animateCC.PNGANimateCC2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

This is just crazy enough that it just might work...

1. Convert the FLA to HTML5 Canvas (under the Commands menu I believe).

2. Make sure all the MP3s have Use imported set.

3. Throw them all on the timeline.

4. Publish.

The MP3s should now all be in the sounds folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just crazy enough that it just might work...

1. Convert the FLA to HTML5 Canvas (under the Commands menu I believe).

2. Make sure all the MP3s have Use imported set.

3. Throw them all on the timeline.

4. Publish.

The MP3s should now all be in the sounds folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ClayUUID,

Thank you writing. I have heard of a different option than the one you just mentioned where some people said to use ActionScript, but I don't have the option to ActionScript under "Convert to other document formats". And I don't know where to look for "Use Imported" for the MP3s.

What I want is to see if it is possible to save the MP3 files elsewhere, pretty much, I would like to know if I can extract those files that are currently in the .FLA and save them elsewhere in my PC as MP3 or WAV or any other type of audio file.

Doesn't seem like this is possible. When I have images I can click Edit in Photoshop and that way I can save them in my machine. Unfortunately, I am not finding anything like this for these MP3 files.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the convert to other document formats you won't see the one that you're already in listed. To do what ClayUUID was suggesting you would convert to HTML5 Canvas. Once it's converted you would do a publish, and you will get a sounds folder that includes all the sounds that are in use somewhere on the timeline, or that have a linkage name set. That's why he said to put all of the sounds into the timeline.

The "use imported MP3 quality" option is in the screenshot that you posted. Go into the Library, find any cast members that have .mp3 in the name and select them. Then click in the i icon in the Library to see their properties. You can then set them all to use imported MP3 quality in one go.

I'm guessing you already have it set that way, seeing as your screenshot has that box checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tested the solution I suggested and it indeed works.

There seems to be a bug though when converting an FLA created in an older version of Flash (CS4 in my case)-- the file size of the exported MP3 approximately doubled, though it still played fine. Looks like a large quantity of garbage data is getting appended to the original MP3 data. If file size is a concern, and the imported MP3s are of sufficiently high bitrate to withstand re-encoding, then unchecking "Use imported MP3 quality" may actually be preferable in this specific scenario. Don't bother messing with the encode quality settings though... at this time they seem to be entirely ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you a lot guys! I converted it to HTML5 Canvas and when I published it, it created the sounds folder with the MP3s in there!

Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines