• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The icons of Photoshop appears too small in the screen. How to fix this issue?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Photoshop for my Dell XPS 15 laptop. However, the software icons appears so small when opened and it is so hard to read.

Is there any fix for this Issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

That's what I was concerned about. When CS6 was released in 2012, these HiPDI display weren't around. Unfortunately, CS6 has reached end of life and won't be getting any upgrades. On the bright side, if you only use Photoshop (and perhaps Lightroom), you can upgrade to the Photographers plan for $120 a year, which brings you up to Photoshop 2017 (which does have this option).

Lightroom and Photoshop | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try increasing the scaling amount in Edit > Preferences > Interface > UI Scaling. (You have to then exit and restart Photoshop). Note that you didn't mention which version of Photoshop you are using—older versions don't have this feature, but the current versions have added it as HiDPI displays have become more prevalent.

Also, you posted this question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. I’ll move your question to the Photoshop forum in case you have a follow-up question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my version is cs6 it doesn't have the option for scaling!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was concerned about. When CS6 was released in 2012, these HiPDI display weren't around. Unfortunately, CS6 has reached end of life and won't be getting any upgrades. On the bright side, if you only use Photoshop (and perhaps Lightroom), you can upgrade to the Photographers plan for $120 a year, which brings you up to Photoshop 2017 (which does have this option).

Lightroom and Photoshop | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Il try to upgrade the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Preferences screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version doesn't have the UI scaling option.

I live out in the country and my only option for internet is satellite with limited data.  It is very unfortunate there's not one-time-fee downloadable version of you newer products.  I will be looking for other alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kmjohnson  wrote

My version doesn't have the UI scaling option.

I live out in the country and my only option for internet is satellite with limited data.  It is very unfortunate there's not one-time-fee downloadable version of you newer products.  I will be looking for other alternative.

Despite its name, Creative Cloud software does not require constant internet access to use it.  The software downloads & installs on your machine the same as your old Creative Suite products did.  The only differences are:

1`) You pay a modest monthly or yearly fee.

2) Your software is not platform specific -- it can be installed on Windows, Mac or both.

3)  You get FREE upgrades for as long as you remain a subscriber. 

Get a free 7 day trial at the link below.

Download and install a Creative Cloud trial

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines