Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Exporting JPGs to Wrong Canvas Space

Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to describe it except "Wrong". It's as if the Export feature is not registering the canvas size correctly. The dimensions are correct, but the export preview shows something that is moved almost an inch up from where it should be. This results in a JPG that is not correct.Capture.PNG

Here is a screen capture of what I see. The notecard layout on the left is what I want to export. What I'm getting on the right does not match.As you can see in this example, there is extra space above the website and the space below "thank you" is cropped.

I'm using Photoshop CC 2017, and yes, it's 100% up to date (checked it this morning). This doesn't happen all the time--most documents export properly--but I can't figure out how to fix it when it does happen (which usually means I have to completely recreate the document, which wastes hours of design time). I've tried manually resizing my canvas up and down, but the the export preview does not seem to register the real dimensions of the image.

Has anyone else had this problem? What's going wrong? What can I do to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have see threads like this before.  Export is relatively new so there is a good chance that reported bugs in it may not be fixed yet.  Use Save As, Save and Save for web instead they have been working for years.  Do a search on Export Size.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=Export+size

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great suggestions. I've just found that the "Export" feature is faster for my work flow.

I did some more digging into my file, and discovered the top edge was lined up with a hidden smart object. Go figure, but it's not the first time I've had problems with hidden items in the Export window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines