• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW DO I CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR Black to White?

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is related to the use of ADOBE Premiere ELEMENTS (14.0).

On play back I notice that I wanted to have the background option to change it from black to white since I am placing various small clip on the stage which black does not work for me. So, how do I change the black backdrop stage (when the video plays) to white backdrop stage so when it plays back the scene is white and not black?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

The black background is actually just transparency.

Use Expert Mode and create a white matte and place it on a video track below your video.  In other words: Wnite matte on Video 1,  tour video on Video 2.

See here:

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Creating specialty clips

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Peru Bob's reply is the right one. The only problem is that finding the cubby hole where mattes are accessed can be tricky...from the Expert Mode open Projects Assets -> and go to the last item in the menu bar-> New Items -> Color Mattes

williebegoode_0-1653663693750.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sr78. You posted your question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. I’ll move your question to the Premiere Elements forum so that you can get the answer you are looking for.

~Barb

P.S. For a list of all available product forums, see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The black background is actually just transparency.

Use Expert Mode and create a white matte and place it on a video track below your video.  In other words: Wnite matte on Video 1,  tour video on Video 2.

See here:

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Creating specialty clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peru Bob's reply is the right one. The only problem is that finding the cubby hole where mattes are accessed can be tricky...from the Expert Mode open Projects Assets -> and go to the last item in the menu bar-> New Items -> Color Mattes

williebegoode_0-1653663693750.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines