• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know this effect?

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the bottom right and bottom left of the screen and click this link Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Notice the lines going under this thing does anyone know what this effect is? I am trying to recreate those two backgrounds to be use as live desktop background.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple:  you animate the position on multiple layers in 2D space.  It appears those layers with the same color have been precomposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i do that? I am kind of new to After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a crazy idea: You could read the help or type Dace's keywords into a web search to find tutorials?! Sorry for being snarky, but seriously, simply get to it. Things won't happen magically.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice all around.  Kaplish you asking how to animate a layers position in 2d space?  If so then the project you are trying to create is too advanced for you at the moment.  Animating position across x & y is...hmmm, to say it's as basic as it gets would be an understatement.   Tutorials you want to follow will have names like: "Getting Starting in After Effects", "Introduction to After Effects".

Even with the most basic tutorials you might have to take it upon yourself to do some research when you come across terms you do not understand.  After Effects Classroom in a Book might be a safe bet for you as they will touch things like what a layer is, what 2D space is & how to manipulate the position of said layer across the x,y coordinates of 2 dimensional space.

In a way I almost feel like discouraging you from even trying.

Because I am a Jedi & that's what Jedi's do. 

Or maybe I'm not a Jedi.  Maybe I'm just a big Doody Head.

Or maybe I'm somewhere in-between.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after you do some basic Ae training like the good folks suggested here, here are two different ways of achieving this type of animation:

1. with a shape layer. make one rectangle, add the repeater operator and set the offset position, number of copies and so forth. set a keyframe for the offset parameter

2. with a solid layer: add the Venetian blinds effect followed by a motion tile effect. adjust the parameters accordingly. set a keyframe for the tile center parameter

both of these techniques use the 3d switch of the layers to make them distort in perspective

here's a screenshots with all the modified properties revealed:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines