• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to type hanant (joint) letters for Indian language in CC version of InDesign ?

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While typing hanant letters in InDesign CC version, it removes the letters left to the cursor. The same ASCII font and keyboard changing software both work with other applications very well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my English InDesign version CC 2017.1 on Windows I have no problems with Adobe Devanagri font.

All i did was to find appropriate glyph and add it to the text.

Do you mean "Halant"?

Try changing your composer to World ready.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st of Thx for reply. But unfortunately, I can't get what I want by changing the composer. I use Gujarati ASCII Font with Summit Indica Software. Need your further assistance..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you post screenshots or video of what you aim to do and what you are getting. Also, a screenshot of the find font dialog. Something like...

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEFORE :

before.png

AFTER :

after.png

WHAT I NEED :

need.png

Did you get it ? When I have written "દ" in nonunicode font, after pressing link-key to joint another letter it removed the last character also. Plz note that I want to use summit app to type in nonunicode lang. I cannot use Glyph window all time because I have lots of half-letters to type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Was this resolved? I am having a similar problem with halant Gujarati font. I am using the default font Gujarati MT which comes with MacOSSierra and the halant font works fine on other applications like Word and Pages. This gujarati font just does not work on Indesign CC in fact when downloading the Adobe Gujarati font the halant fonts work.  So I think the issue is the default Gujarati MT font enabled by mac OS Sierra (13.0d1e2/130d1e2) are not inintegrated properly with InDesign CC. I have World Ready Paragraph Composer sets

Any assistance would be appreciated .

Thank you

Siya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines