• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom app has disappeared,so does my pictures.

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did my Lightroom application disappered? How should I retrieve all those pictures gone with my app. The app is just a dead shortcut which is not functional.

Why this has happened to my lightroom? If I install it again, will I get back my catalogs?

Please help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

The catalog file is a separate file stored outside the LR applications directory. Also your images are not "IN" LR. They are only referenced into the LR Catalog file, A Database file, from where they are stored on your hard drive.

Search your hard drive for Lightroom.app to see if LR is still installed on your hard drive and also .LRCAT (.lrcat) to locate your original LR catalog file.

But apps and file don't go missing for no reason. The reasons behind them going away is the user deleted them or

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog file is a separate file stored outside the LR applications directory. Also your images are not "IN" LR. They are only referenced into the LR Catalog file, A Database file, from where they are stored on your hard drive.

Search your hard drive for Lightroom.app to see if LR is still installed on your hard drive and also .LRCAT (.lrcat) to locate your original LR catalog file.

But apps and file don't go missing for no reason. The reasons behind them going away is the user deleted them or you have some type of hardware problem. Like the hard drive is starting to fail or the RAM in your system is faulty and corrupting files when being written back to the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, It is true.

FK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines