• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to external hard drive.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Macbook and I would like to migrate all from my old laptop to the new one but before I do that I would like to transfer my big LR files to an external hard drive.

I was wondering if I should transfer all my catalogs and images to the external hard drive or just the images (what's the difference?), and how all will work once I install the LR on my new laptop.

Please tell me what's the best way to do this.

Thanks,

Amir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

After you transfer the files to the new computer, regardless of whether the drive is internal or external, you will need to use the "find missing folder" options to tell LR where the pictures are now located.

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Using Finder, you can copy the images and/or your catalog(s) to the external drive. Then use the "find missing folder" procedure to update LR as to their new location.

How to migrate all the files to a new computer:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you transfer the files to the new computer, regardless of whether the drive is internal or external, you will need to use the "find missing folder" options to tell LR where the pictures are now located.

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Using Finder, you can copy the images and/or your catalog(s) to the external drive. Then use the "find missing folder" procedure to update LR as to their new location.

How to migrate all the files to a new computer:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the fast reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines