• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe animate export full quality (elements designed in PS)

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on an animation that has elements that were designed in photoshop. The elements are designed super large to ensure that we don't distort them when zooming in. When I export the video (through media encoder) I am noticing some distortion in the smaller objects. Just looking for tips to export at the highest quality ensure that all our lines are clean. Even the smaller items.

I've attached an example of one I've uploaded to Vimeo. Bit rate is around 30.

Private video on Vimeo

Password:Nick

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

I think it looks ok too. You could check the Vimeo controller to make sure you're watching 1080p.

As for the general case of making the video look as good as possible, these would help:

1. Don't use JPEG. Either import PSD or PNG.

2. In the Library make sure that all bitmaps are set to Lossless and Allow Smoothing.

3. If you have sound only import 44.1 kHz 16 bit WAV, and in Publish Settings set the audio to be Raw, 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, and check the box that overrides library settings.

4. Depending on

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me. What's supposedly wrong with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks fine to me too, but I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use all vectors for this kind of art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, agreed. I assumed it would be a bit easier that way but our artist for this project is proficient with PS so we are doing our best to work with that to avoid downtime with learning AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it looks ok too. You could check the Vimeo controller to make sure you're watching 1080p.

As for the general case of making the video look as good as possible, these would help:

1. Don't use JPEG. Either import PSD or PNG.

2. In the Library make sure that all bitmaps are set to Lossless and Allow Smoothing.

3. If you have sound only import 44.1 kHz 16 bit WAV, and in Publish Settings set the audio to be Raw, 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, and check the box that overrides library settings.

4. Depending on what you're publishing to, the stage quality defaults to Medium or High. You could put this line of code into the Actions panel, on frame 1 of the timeline:

stage.quality = "best";

That can sometimes make a big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way for me to default the number 2? (make all bitmaps imported default to lossless and smoothing?) We are designing all the characters with a variety of elements so it's going to become quite time consuming to go in and change them manually each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the library you can list the items by type, making it easier to select all the bitmaps. Once they are selected click the little i button to get Properties, and in there you can set lossless and smoothing for all of them in one go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded a new cut at the same link. I'm having some additional issues with quality. You'll see midway through where the bird comes in, he's just a block, until I zoom in. Any ideas to work around that? I'm exporting at 1080 with a high bitrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a regular Test Movie, to see if the bird is blocky when tested as a SWF. I think it's quite likely that it will be blocky, but then it should also be blocky if you scrub the timeline.

Are those frames of the bird the same ones used for the rest of the walk?

If you don't see what's causing the issue, could you post the FLA somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, still the same when I "test movie." The frames are all the same. The walk cycle is done within the symbol, and I'm just moving him across the page on the main timeline.

What is the FLA? (Excuse my ignorance)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the problem is to do with you getting what you want to see by zooming the camera to up to 1400%, and shrinking the objects down to 5%. It ought to be possible to have the objects closer to 100% and not do such extreme camera zooms.

Would it be ok to ask the Animate team to look at your file? You seem to have exceeded the laws of physics in a way that they might be able to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, of course!

And I can toy with those perspectives as well. The scenes are still just a rough idea of what we looking to achieve, so this framing is not set in stone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines