Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop For Editing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

I'm looking for a new laptop, the HP Pavilion g6 that I currently own is a little slow for the Adobe CC app's I'm using. (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, InDesign). And it's about a 5-year-old Laptop... it is showing it's age.  

I'm currently studying Web Design and Graphic Design, so I want my laptop to work well with the Adobe CC Suite.

At the moment I'm looking at gaming laptops due to their high graphics and processing capabilities. (Unfortunately, there's a price tag to match!)

So far the HP Omen 15t looks like a good option (OMEN Laptop - 15t gaming | HP® Official Store ), although some say the graphics are better for gaming than editing photo/video.

What do you use?  What sort of specifications are important?

Thank you in advance,

- Jessica

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recommend you check puget systems, https://www.pugetsystems.com/

google their reviews.  check yelp etc.

i purchased a desktop from them last year.  i started by selecting a computer and adding a comment about exactly what i wanted.  they were very attentive and responded by personalizing a system that did exactly what i wanted for a very reasonable price.

i'm sure you'll get other opinions but i highly recommend you check reviews before deciding on a computer/vendor.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Hardware Forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And have a flick through their articles.  Probably the best collection of real world  test results for Adobe and similar apps there is.  A really useful resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines