• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a mask (circle shape) have a stroke width?

Participant ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to animate a circle mask with a radial wipe, but I would also like the circle to have a white stroke. Is this possible? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017
When I select the ellipse tool, the Fill and Stroke menu disappear.

you need to deselect all the layers to create a shape layer.

Once me circle mask is made, I can't seem to find a way to give it a width.

a mask's its main purpose is to hide or reveal something. why are you creating a stroke? what exactly are you trying to do? its better to show us so that we may offer the right workflow for the task.

having said that, if you want a pixel stroke around your mask, you can use the stroke effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a circle shape layer with a stroke and add a trim path operator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select the ellipse tool, the Fill and Stroke menu disappear. Once me circle mask is made, I can't seem to find a way to give it a width. I don't want to create a circle shape on top, I just want to create one circle that acts as a mask and a circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select the ellipse tool, the Fill and Stroke menu disappear.

you need to deselect all the layers to create a shape layer.

Once me circle mask is made, I can't seem to find a way to give it a width.

a mask's its main purpose is to hide or reveal something. why are you creating a stroke? what exactly are you trying to do? its better to show us so that we may offer the right workflow for the task.

having said that, if you want a pixel stroke around your mask, you can use the stroke effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stroke effect applied to my mask shape. Exactly what I need. Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to expand on what Roei Tzoref was saying, using a Shape Layer will give you much better stroke control and options compared to the Stroke effect.

You can easily add and control several stroke effects like trimming, dashed strokes, round caps, round corners, twist, wiggles, repeaters, and more. It cannot taper a stroke, however (Adobe, please?)

To use it you must create a Shape Layer, and not a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines