Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr Crashing Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having issues when using Lightroom where by browsing through libraries my system freezes.crashes.

At first I thought I would let it run for a while, but no luck. I have disabled GPU acceleration, and a number of suggested solutions found in various forums, but this issue is persistent.

When using Lightroom I cannot run any other applications (I have lots quite a bit of data (images and Video) while using Lightroom at the same time, and it also crashes my system when it is the only application running.

I have done a complete reload of windows and Adobe and still the same issue.

Does anyone have the same problem, or a solution.

Thank you, and appreciate your advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to check is the GPU option in the LR Preferences under the Performance tab. Turn it off, uncheck it, if it is checked. Then test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you actually read my post, you would see that I have already tried this. Dumbass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me... Please don't respond if you have not bothered to read the query! And/Or have no solution or worthwhile suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you probably have a hardware problem like the RAM or the system is overheating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to get snarky, I'm just trying to help and missed the part about you already disabling the GPU option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No RAM or overheating issues. No system issues whatsoever.

As per the intial post. I have done a complete fresh install of system and Adobe. READ THE POST and stop wasting my time and trolling.

I have been building systems for 20 years and never had this issue. This has to be a software issue.

Once again..... Read the F'n post before sprouting useless suggestions.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not Trolling. What would make you thing that?

If I was a TROLL I wouldn't be a Forum ACP.

Simple fact is there are thousands if not millions of people running Windows 10 and LR and don't have this problem. Personally I'm using Win 7 and have never had LR Crash.

So it has to be specific to your computer and or other software you have installed and running that is causing this.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among the "suggested solutions" you have tried, did you look into Windows Event Viewer and find any reason for the crashes?

(With Windows-8, I had repeated BSODs caused by the Nvidia GPU drivers.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your attitude is not getting you much help here.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Weird issue. If you dont see anything in event viewer, maybe some bad disk is hanging it up, maybe try chkdsk? https://windowsinstructed.com/run-chkdsk-windows/

https://windowsinstructed.com/run-chkdsk-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines