• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Reverse - Text / Animate In / Slow Fade On

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me how to reverse the direction of "Slow Fade On".

I'd like the text to Fade On from the right side instead of its default left side.

Image attached, thanks!

-.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chnage the direction in the advanced section of the text animator/ swap start and end. Please read the help by all means. If you can't even figure out something that basic...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, my knowledge is very very basic with AF. I did what you said - made Start 100 & End 0 for the beginning key-frame - but still it fades from the left side. I couldn't find any solutions after searching. I'm not sure if "Offset" has to do with it. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround,. change the mode from add to subtract and keyframe it the other way around, sorry for the late reply lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

89.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do this:

Set the first offset keyframe to: 100%

Set the second offset keyframe to : -100%

Change the Advanced > Shape menu to: Ramp down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Mike! I did this and it worked as far as fading the text from the right side, however, the transition starts from the bottom of the text instead of the top.

-0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I now realise you  are working with right-to-left text. Ae doesn't really support this, but the following may be a work around....

1. Go back to your original text with no text animation at all.

2. In the standard layer transform properties unlink the scale value and set x scale to -100%.

3. Now apply a text animator by clicking on the 'animate' pop up menu and selecting 'scale'.

unlink this scale property and set it's x scale to -100%.

4. Now click back on your text layer and apply the 'slow fade on' preset - which will be an additional animator.

This should now work right to left and top to bottom. Yes?

However I'm not sure if your individual Arabic characters will be the correct way round. Let me know. If they are not we should be able to turn them around.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah, this is a creative approach, but unfortunately it won't work. The -X scale reverses the whole layer horizontally, but the -X scale on the Animator reverses each character in place, so you end up with a horizontally flipped layer, with the individual characters facing the right direction, but still in the flipped order.

Like you said, unfortunately there is no support for right-to-left languages in AE, so hopefullly this gets implemented sometime soon.

Meanwhile, ali m.r7155227, you could (somewhat) mimic this effect with just a soft linear wipe going diagonally across your text block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you said, unfortunately there is no support for right-to-left languages in AE, so hopefullly this gets implemented sometime soon.

there is some support that I find resolves every case with some workaround. the latest version introduced the LTR type engine which lets you write the text with no workaround, but fails to animate the range selectors properly if the text layer has more than one line of text (line breaks). for a text layer with line breaks that needs a text animator you have 2 choices:

1. use the new LTR type engine (in preferences->type) change to this:

2. create each line in a separate layer and change the range selector to animate the end parameter in reverse instead of the start.

OR like we have been doing it here in the middle east ever since text layers were a feature in Ae - use Mike_Abbott's suggested workaround:

1. use the RTL type engine

note: make sure you copy the text un-formatted because it's supposed to be pasted reversed and that's fine. if you past from Ps (where LTR languages are supported) it won't be pasted in reverse and that won't work.

3. paste the text. it's written in reverse - don't panic.

4. set the x scale value for - (usually the layer is 100 scale, so -100)

5. add a scale animator and change the x scale to -100

6. animate as usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Roei! I did the second method but the text doesn't paste reverse. I just typed the text (in Persian) somewhere else & then pasted it after changing LTR to Middle Eastern. I might try to do the first method you suggested, otherwise I'll just use another kind of a fade animation. Thank you so much again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever get this working to your satisfaction Ali.m.r.? If not, please file a feature request for your needs here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Mike, I did what you said but unfortunately it's upside down. I'll just use another kind of fade animation that is similar & can look like a slow fade of the letters. Thanks much for you time! rr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an ass. How are you a "most valuable participant" when you give responses like "If you can't even figure out something that basic."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium skunkass wtf triggered your punkass? lol.

got popped in this world with 100% basic knowledge?

get lost if you dont wanna help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, Mylenium, there's no need to be a jerk about it. They asked a simple question, if you don't want to be bothered with simple questions, maybe stop cruising help boards 🤷‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that the post is quite old, still wanted to give my input for the new users:

The default settings for the Animation Presets e.g. Typewriter is from left to right.

In order to change the appearance from right to left as in Arabic, Urdu or other languages.

You simply need to change settings of the Animator->Range selector

Set Start to 0

Define keyframes for the 'End' from 100 down to zero as in percentage.

Leave offset to 0.

It worked for me, hope it will work for everyone else as well.

Cheers,

Umer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote short article which provides for a formulaic approach to having full control over shipped Text Animation Presets or 3rd party Text Animation Presets. Here's the Cheat Sheet -

Here's the URL to the article in PDF - http://www.broadcastgems.com/MediaServer01/RolandK_TextTool_CustomizingPresets_aFormulaicApproach_Ju...

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats dope, umer! worked for me too.

for anyone coming later on,

trick is to set start to 0 end to 0% and offset at 0 too.

change both key frames places to reverse the effect.!

cheers, Afzal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines