• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New country, account problems; old Lightroom version, is new upgrade possible?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved country and have come up with all the associated problems that this entails with my Adobe account. I also changed computer and moved Lightroom to the new one. In doing so, I innocently downloaded a newer version (6.0 instead of 5.7), worked with it during the trial period-expecting to validate it with my old license at the end of the trial period, which I could'nt, of course. In the meantime LT 5.7 no longer works with my LT catalog, since it has been used with a newer version of LT, so I am stuck. I am thinking of upgrading, but when I do it I come up with the account issues. Adobe asks me to sign in with new account, but I wonder if I do so will it respect my existing previous .now foreign license? So my question is if I purchase an upgrade with an Adobe account in one country for a LT version purchased in another with a different account will they be compatible, will this be allowed. I obviously don't want to buy the upgrade and then find out it doesn't work.

I'd be grateful for assistance on this question.

MGH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Your original catalog is still there. LR 6/CC makes a copy of the original catalog and converts that copy. you need to download and install LR 5.7.1 from here and then install it.

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original catalog is still there. LR 6/CC makes a copy of the original catalog and converts that copy. you need to download and install LR 5.7.1 from here and then install it.

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have your serial number handy and if the LR 5 serial is for an upgrade version have a previous version serial number on hand also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try next weekend and I guess, as you say, it will get me back to where I was. Still have the doubt however if I can also do it the other way around: upgrade to LR 6, but with the issue of having a license from one country and now living in another. Thanks a lot in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can upgrade to LR 6, stand alone, Upgrade one time cost, or subscribe to the Photographers plan for $9.99 US a month (Exchange rate may be much different) and get both the newest versions of LR CC and Photoshop CC.

Go here to buy the Upgrade of LR 6.

Software & Services

After clicking the BUY button you can select Upgrade which will lower the cost.

Buying LR 6 while in a different country that where you bought LR 5 doesn't matter. But you will need the serial number from LR or any other previous version to use the Upgrade serial number for LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines