• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'd like to have a new desktop on my Mac for PS and LR

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Photoshop has different workspaces I'd like to have a new desktop on my computer just for Photoshop and Lightroom. My regular desktop is so cluttered and  would like to have a clean slate using a new user. I tried this but the software treated this as a new computer. How do I get around this without uninstalling from my main user account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the desktop is tied to the user account. So a new desktop inevitably means a different user account, requiring a log-off and new login.

There's no reason your desktop has to be cluttered. Clean up, make a sensible folder structure in your main documents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not say what operating system you are using, but if it is Windows 10 have you taken a look at Task Views. They may help you with your need.

Edit :  Sorry - just re-read the title and saw MAC .

I'll leave it here in case anyone with Windows reads it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my desktop BTW. No reason to have anything at all there:

desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By my reckoning from all the desktops I've seen, online and real life, you are the exception. I put things on my desktop because it's handy, and i don't have to go through the file structure to find what I need. It's like typing the URL directly instead of typing it into Google search.  Less steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rjgajsek  wrote

By my reckoning from all the desktops I've seen, online and real life, you are the exception. I put things on my desktop because it's handy, and i don't have to go through the file structure to find what I need. It's like typing the URL directly instead of typing it into Google search.  Less steps.

Yeah, but the thing is, I have more than 4TB of data, and I need to be able to access all of it quickly. I need to have everything in its proper and logical place in the folder tree, or I lose my way. I just can't have any kind of stray files anywhere.

I can still find anything inside 30 seconds. Although by now the archive has grown to such sizes that I've started planning a searchable database, before it goes over my head. This is work, not private BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

Here's my desktop BTW. No reason to have anything at all there:

Not a technical response, but:

Wow!    eek_2011.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....and I thought it was just me ! 

Three screens - nothing there but the taskbar and the recycle bin until I open a program.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines