Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity not going over 100%

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm working on a project that has a lot of pop out effects and I use Graph Editor to make it go over 100% opacity and return back to 100%. It's easy and good enough. The problem started today: I can't get the opacity over 100% now, no idea why... On the graph editor it goes up to a 100% and from there onwards it's just a straight line. It's super annoying, how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Think for a moment -- if something is TOTALLY opaque, i.e. 100% opaque -- how do you make more opaque? 

That's like asking for complete silence to be quieter -- ain't gonna happen.  It can't happen. 

Oh, I suppose it could if you happen to have a sound sucker.  Good luck finding one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think for a moment -- if something is TOTALLY opaque, i.e. 100% opaque -- how do you make more opaque? 

That's like asking for complete silence to be quieter -- ain't gonna happen.  It can't happen. 

Oh, I suppose it could if you happen to have a sound sucker.  Good luck finding one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my God... I just realised I've mistaken opacity with scale...

Even though English is not my first language, there's no real excuse for this...

Anyway, thanks for helping me realise my mistake I need to get some sleep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works with scale if you apply 3 basic keyframes -- 0%, 120% or whatever, then 100%.  And because this is something that normally happens VERY quickly, you shouldn't even need the graph editor.  Just highlight the last 2 keyframes, right-click and make them Bezier keyframes.

Oh, you can TRY to use the graph editor, but I think it would be a big waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines