• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange ≠ sign on all my keyboard shortcuts. :(

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't for the life of me figure it out. All the letters have been replaced with ≠ so none of my shortcuts will work.

I have tried:

1. Resetting the shortcut keys/preferences

2. Deleting the Photoshop Pref file in the LIBRARY folder and rebooting the computer/Photoshop.

Running:

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Version 13.0 Extended (Not Cloud version)

imac 27" with Sierra 10.12.5

Has anyone had this issue and know of the fix? Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 4.48.35 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to 13.0.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not. it's not letting me upgrade as everything is cloud based now and there's no support.

But I have been using this version for years now and it all of the sudden changes like this so there must be a way to reverse it.

Anyone? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you will run into problems when you continue to upgrade your OS, but not your applications. CS6 was supported on Mac OS 10.6.8, 10.7 and 10.8, and you are up to 10.12 (Sierra). Looking forward, if you don't want to upgrade the software, strongly consider not upgrading the OS.

1. But for now, did this happen after the Sierra update?
  2. What message are you getting when you try to update Photoshop CS6 to the latest CS6 patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's offered as a free update here: Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop 13.0.6 update for CS6

Just download and install. These updates are bugfixes and will at least get that question out of the way.

The nature of a software bug is that everything can be ok for years until something in your OS triggers it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your keyboard Input Source set to?

If it's something other than US try putting it back to US and see if that makes a difference.

From here:

What is the character in some keyboard shortcuts that looks like a backslash through an equal sign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up biting the bullet and installing the CC subscription version as I was running out of time to complete a job and the lack of shortcuts was driving me insane. (You don't realize how much they mean to you until they are gone!). I've been using my old CS6 for years now so I figured it was time for an upgrade. I was unable to try the suggestions above before uninstalling but it's good these are on here incase someone else has this issue! Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines