• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit InDesign document (branched)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a brochure for a company on indesign and I want to know how will I be able to edit text/font etc to all pages to make it easier?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question had nothing to do with the conversation you replied to. I've branched it to a new discussion. In the future please do not hijack other threads.

As for your question, you're going to need to provide much more detail on what you're hoping to accomplish. My only thought is to make sure you're using styles properly to make editing easier but without knowing more that's about the best I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I wasn't sure where to start a new thread as I'm new to this.

I'm hoping to be able to edit text, font etc on all pages, instead of editing them one by one. Just in case there is a sudden change that would need to be made? Am I making sense?  What I need to know is also how to use styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no simple answer to that, I’m afraid. InDesign has a fairly steep learning curve.

I suggest spending some time with a good book: http://amzn.to/2qNNdSQ

There are some terrific courses on Lynda.com. You can get a free 30-day trial: www.lynda.com/trial/boblevine<http://www.lynda.com/trial/boblevine>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Lynda.com have extended the free trial from 10-days to 30-days – that's good value!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to be able to edit text, font etc on all pages, instead of editing them one by one.

And yes, you will want to learn how to use styles. Paragraph styles allow you to set up the look for the different types of paragraphs that will appear in your publication. For example, you might define a style called Heading that is set to Myriad Pro, 14 pt, bold with the alignment set to center. You can assign that style to all of the headings in your brochure. If you decide that you want to make a change, you can update the style definition in the Paragraph styles panel, and InDesign finds all of the headings using that style and updates them.

There's so much for a new InDesign user to learn, but I think styles are really important for the specific reason you stated—you can update the formatting globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice Do you know where I can get good tutorials to watch on how to use styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tessa: For a new user, I recommend watching as much of David Blatner's InDesign CC 2017 Essential Training title as you can. Note that lesson 10 is specifically an intro to styles.

There's so much more you can do with styles, but as a career trainer, I think it's helpful for most users to start at the beginning and then add more information as you are ready. The two titles Derek shared are worth watching—one from Michael Murphy and one from Nigel French—and there are a few more segments also from David on the InDesign Secrets title. Once you have a sense of how styles work, you can come back here and ask more questions, or pick and choose among the segments from these videos.

Don't forget to use the link that Bob gave you to access all of these resources (and more!) for a month.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, your question is confusing. Anyway, if you are planning to design a brochure then you must have a strong knowledge or standard knowledge of designing elements. Alignment, Spacing and Colour themes will be the basic tools for you. Have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines