• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating One Texture For a 3D Object

Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do some of my Objects have numerous layers, and what can I do to create one texture for them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Hi

I've not used your gaming engine, but when I've had a similar issue exporting to Blender I did the following:

Before creating your extrusion either Crop or use Image-Trim to bring the canvas edges right in to the edge of the drawing.

Make your extrusion and export. The texture should now fit.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers or surfaces.  3D Layers can be merged therefore you can have several object in a 3d layer  and each object cans have several surfaces.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before  you Edit a texture property you can shift click on several material surfaces in the 3D panel so that your edit adjustment applies to them all.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

I took a drawing of mine, and created a 3D Extrusion.  Even after reducing the depth to 0, importing it into my game engine, the drawing I used to create the extrusion does not fully fit the mesh and is very off.Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've not used your gaming engine, but when I've had a similar issue exporting to Blender I did the following:

Before creating your extrusion either Crop or use Image-Trim to bring the canvas edges right in to the edge of the drawing.

Make your extrusion and export. The texture should now fit.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh!!!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines