• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can edit my images in Workflow, but images are saving as originals in my Hard Drive

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem editing in Lightroom, but suddenly now, in the last day, I noticed that I may not use a watermark (the choice is muted), and when I export or save my edited files, the files that are actually saved is actually the original, unedited version of that file. I can clearly see my edited versions in my workflow, but when I save, they save as originals.  Can you tell me what I need to do to fix this or what I am doing wrong?  I have never had this problem before and have been working with lightroom for the past 3 years.  Thank you!

Elizabeth Woodruff

808-772-7836

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, you have selected File Format to be Original (in the Export dialog box). You want to choose JPG or TIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Thank you so much!  When I changed it from Original to JPG, it now saves the images as such a small file format - like 114 kb.  How can I change this? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it now saves the images as such a small file format - like 114 kb.  How can I change this? Thank you!

Change to what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before, when I saved my images, the files were huge, now they save as nearly thumb prints.  I just wanted to know how do I change the image size or quality -  I'll have to further investigate.  Thank you for helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Huge" is a meaningless word to me ... however, to make the size of the files bigger, you could set the quality slider to about 80; and you could go to the Image Sizing part of the Export dialog box and UNcheck Resize to Fit ... but that may not be what you want, there are many other solutions that could produce "huge".

The idea of judging an image by its file size is also a concept that I consider meaningless. Furthermore, file size does not directly correlate to quality of the image. You want to judge the export by the number of pixels it has, and by the level of JPG compression (this is the quality slider, a bigger number is less compression and higher quality).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines