• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't need or use non-CC Lightroom. How to delete it.

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5.7 installed on my Windows 10 PC. I updated to Lightroom CC and installed all the subsequent updates to that. Now I want to uninstall Lightroom 5.7 because it takes up HD space. Are there issues with just uninstalling it? How should I do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

There are no issues with un-installing Lightroom 5.7. You perform the un-install the same way you would un-install any other piece of software on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no issues with un-installing Lightroom 5.7. You perform the un-install the same way you would un-install any other piece of software on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm just concerned that the uninstall doesn't interfere with my Lightroom CC settings and catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. Lightroom CC created an updated version of the catalog which is completely separate from your Lightroom 5 catalog. And all of the Lightroom CC settings are separate. Lightroom CC is not dependent on Lightroom 5 for anything. You can safely uninstall Lightroom 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines