• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not open. Error MSVCP120.dll was not found

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried downloading Photoshop 4 times now on Windows 10 HP Laptop and the install is always giving me an error when trying to open.

I had no problems with Light room, the error is as follows...

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.

What do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

option 1 is install MSVCP120.dll as windows 10 doesn't use it anymore but you can go back to it

option 2 is upgrade your software to something that is Windows 10 ready... imo this is the better bet in the long run but its your system

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

option 1 is install MSVCP120.dll as windows 10 doesn't use it anymore but you can go back to it

option 2 is upgrade your software to something that is Windows 10 ready... imo this is the better bet in the long run but its your system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer:  It's a Windows problem.  You need to update the MS Visual Studio C++ libraries.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines