• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are you planning to solve Lightroom lagging issues before everyone migrates to Capture One Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a MacBook with 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 512MB and Intel HD 4000 1536MB.

I can expect a lag of around 10 seconds per image when viewing new images (78MB D810 RAW files).

Exporting images consumes around 600% of CPU, with insane fan whirring.

I've tried turning off the graphics processor and giving Lightroom a huge cache.

Every update of Lightroom seems to just make it run even slower.

This is a known issue, not limited to a handful of people.

Kindly sort it out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

This is expected and normal.  Adobe has put in a lot of effort to utilize all the processors for processing raw files -- raw processing is CPU-intensive.  And when a Macbook is being heavily utilized, its fans will run: About fans and fan noise in your Mac - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is primarily a user-to-user forum in which Adobe product developers rarely participate. Adobe wants all product feedback to be posted in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe does read every post there, and they sometimes reply. There are several topics there talking about performance issues.  Please add your opinion there -- the more people who complain, the more likely Adobe will prioritize the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expected and normal.  Adobe has put in a lot of effort to utilize all the processors for processing raw files -- raw processing is CPU-intensive.  And when a Macbook is being heavily utilized, its fans will run: About fans and fan noise in your Mac - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fan whirring is a symptom. I can live with it. What I can't live with is the time wasted toggling between images, or doing simple processing tasks. It's not getting any better with the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I can't live with is the time wasted toggling between images, or doing simple processing tasks. It's not getting any better with the updates.

Understood -- please post your feedback in the feedback forum where Adobe will see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fan whirring is a symptom.

The whirring Macbook fan indicates that LR is doing one of the right things to speed up raw processing by fully utilizing all the processors.  LR used to underutilize the processors during export, and many users rightfully complained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines