Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Data merge Problem.

Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One of my fields keeps adding itself everytime I click on and off the preview.  Can someone tell me what is causing this?  I'll post pics below to show what i mean.  The pics are in order of when i Turn on and off the Preview.

Preview OFF

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 10.57.58 AM.png

Preview ON

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 10.58.03 AM copy.jpg

Preview OFF

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 10.58.05 AM copy.jpg

Preview ON

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 10.58.06 AM copy.jpg

Preview OFF

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 10.58.07 AM copy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Ok I found the problem.  But unsure why it happened both times.  It was the text box.  It Showed in the Data merge Panel that there was 2 identifiers when there was only 1.  So i deleted the text frame and created another one and its working for now.  Do you know why this would happen?  On the Pictures above it stayed like this.  Said there was 2 identifiers even though it showed 3 and 4 above.  But again now its working.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 12.03.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Posting screen shot of Data Merge panel might help people here suggest you possible solutions.

Mean while, try clearing your cache and preferences.Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll get some pictures up give me a few to crop them. It only affects 1 out of the 10 layouts(that i've noticed) i have now.  However this has happened before.  I've rebuilt the file from scratch to see if the document was corruped but it did the same thing when i Created the new document.  get these screen shots up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found the problem.  But unsure why it happened both times.  It was the text box.  It Showed in the Data merge Panel that there was 2 identifiers when there was only 1.  So i deleted the text frame and created another one and its working for now.  Do you know why this would happen?  On the Pictures above it stayed like this.  Said there was 2 identifiers even though it showed 3 and 4 above.  But again now its working.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 12.03.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From the latest screenshot, it can be inferred that the "Identifier" placeholder is present twice on page 1.

Am happy that finally you could solve your problem.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.  I had it on there twice. One that is not shown and one that is in the above pictures. But as the pictures show it was actually on there 5 times eventhough it only showed 2 times on the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines