• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB PC reader for a fixed width with animations and video

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've tried many PC readers for this and I think that I have exhausted the Windows store's options.

I've created a presentation with animation and video content that works super well on ibooks but there isn't an equivalent for the PC. How can I run this on a PC. Is there a way of running the online version locally or is there a PC ebook reader that works properly.

Please, can someone help?

Thank you

Here is the presentation

https://indd.adobe.com/view/e6037e0e-5659-4c4f-b03c-ca8311109781

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Readium for Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, since more than 1 week, Google Chrome update unable Readium to read interactive ePub fixed layout on Mac or Windows.

We have found ePub 3 Reader: https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/store/p/epub3-reader/9wzdncrfjcq1

It seems to work well. We are making some tests.

Please if anyone has other suggestion, share thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything, including Readium. I must have downloaded about 20. Lets Face it EPUB3 is a dead end for creating interactive content from indesign. I'm really stuck now with a client that loves what we have done on the design for ibooks and ipad but it will never work on the PC.

Can anyone think of a solution to create an app for the content or will i have to re create it in Animate?

or is there another application that I can use. Come back Quark Express all is forgiven.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Readium, in my experience works wonderfully. If you post some screenshots and description of the issues you’re having perhaps someone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the presentation

https://indd.adobe.com/view/e6037e0e-5659-4c4f-b03c-ca8311109781

You can see that it has video, buttons multi-state areas, and animation. All the good things that we want in a presentation.

So how do I get this to work on a PC?

My only hope is to download the web version page by page as an archive and then use a programmer to make the HTML and Javascript into a self-running application. It seems to be a long way round to get something relatively simple working. Or am I just not using the right software? Is Adobe not capable of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my last post! Where are the screenshots?

A link to the actual EPUB as well as your full Fixed Layout export settings may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, not sure if you are aware of this but a recent chrome update made readium pretty much useless for fixed layout ePubs. Here's readium's explanation on their support page:

"Unfortunately, Google recently changed the security settings for Chrome apps. The result is that the way that InDesign (and most developers) code interactivity are now cause exceptions to be thrown and the interactive code is not executed. We are trying to find a workaround, but it is not clear that is one. We are also consulting with the folks at Google and Chrome as well, but they are not optimistic."

Any other ePub reader suggestions for windows? I have a lot of clients that were depending on readium to view on windows. ADE gives me a ton of font issues even though I'm using standard opentype fonts (like calibri) which should render fine across mac or PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have found ePub 3 Reader: https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/store/p/epub3-reader/9wzdncrfjcq1

It seems to work well. We are making some tests.

Please if anyone has other suggestion, share thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to work well.

Also Adobe Digital Edition 4.4.5 on Windows, it seems to work better than ePub3 Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines