• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ligthroom CC - Book Module - An error occurred adding text and fonts to the book.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the version 2015.8 Release and I use it on a Macbook air running Sierra

I've seen many other questions about this error and tried the proposed trouble shooting without any success

I use the default Myriad Pro font and I re-checked all my text boxes

The problem seems to be related to the fact I have text in greek. I removed all greek text in a duplicate book and then it succeeded upload to blurb. This is a book about Athens so I really want to keep the greek names of places together with the translations. I have seen that Myriad Pro is supposed to support greek (Greek Unicode Fonts) so I don't understand what is going wrong

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

And when I changed to the same cover layout and put some Greek in the spine.... it produces the same error.

It looks like a bug.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 17.03.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe exactly what happened. Are you quoting an error message in this post's title? What were you doing in Lightroom at the time it occurs - when in the process?

What is the operating system, and what are its language settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message quoted in the title happens while trying to "Export Book to PDF..." or "Send Book to Blurb...". There are other occurrences of this error on the forum but with different root causes.

The exact version of Sierra is 10.12.2 and the configured language is english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Does the same happen with other fonts? Maybe you could post a bit of your Greek text for testing? Are Lightroom's Preference set to English too, or to automatic? Have you tried changing that setting?

Sorry, I'll do my best to look at your specific problem, but I'm not going to spend my time searching for other threads. If you think some are directly relevant to your problem, feel free to link to them though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to Export to PDF with some Greek text (cut and paste from Wikipedia) in the title. OS is the same as you, English is set on the OS and in LR, and only Myriad Pro is being used in the book. I am not getting an error, but the Exporting book to PDF progress bar isn't moving. Well, when I started writing it wasn't moving, but now I see very slow progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing that you were able to export a book with greek text I tried figuring out which text cell was causing the error and found it. It was the text cell on the cover that will appear on the side of the book. It is the vertical text you see at the middle of the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 16.58.55.png

I changed this cell with french text:

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 17.00.34.png

Now the book exports without any problem.

It's not exactly what I wanted but now the result is acceptable so I will go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when I changed to the same cover layout and put some Greek in the spine.... it produces the same error.

It looks like a bug.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 17.03.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I have the same error but I'm using not on Greek sign. Just German text!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines